منتديات الغروب
مرحبا بكم في منتديات الغروب المرجو منك التسجيل بالمنتدى

انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

منتديات الغروب
مرحبا بكم في منتديات الغروب المرجو منك التسجيل بالمنتدى
منتديات الغروب
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

اذهب الى الأسفل
سولي
سولي
المراقب العام
المراقب العام
الجنس : انثى
عدد الرسائل : 247
تاريخ التسجيل : 10/11/2010

ا الفرق بين هذه الكلمات ( من ناحية الاستخدام والمعنى )  Empty ا الفرق بين هذه الكلمات ( من ناحية الاستخدام والمعنى )

الأربعاء ديسمبر 15, 2010 11:20 pm

home’

House describes a particular type of building.

Home is the place where you live and feel that you belong to.

Compare the following:

'Most people in Britain live in semi-detached houses.'

'We’re going to buy Emma a doll’s house for Christmas.'

'The Houses of Parliament in London are visited by 50,000 people each year.'

'I’ve enjoyed living abroad for the last six years, but it’s time for me to go back home now!'

'We were at home in bed when our car was stolen from outside the house.'

'These children need a good home and we are in a position to give them one.'

Note also the differences in meaning and use
between 'houseproud', 'housework' and 'homework', 'homesick' and 'homeless'

Study the following:

'I did my housework (i.e. cleaning the house) this morning and my homework (work given to me by my school to do at home) this afternoon.'

'People say that I’m houseproud because I spend so much time cleaning the house so that others will admire it.'

'She said that she was missing her home and family so much. She sounded really homesick.'

'I am homeless. I have no home to go to.

'lend' or 'borrow'

If you borrow something from somebody, you take it with their permission and promise to return it in due course, at the end of a limited period usually. If you borrow £5,000 from the bank, you will owe them £5,000, plus interest on the period of time you have borrowed if for.

Consider the following:

'I borrowed five pounds from my brother and forgot to pay it back.'

'I always buy the books I want to read, although I agree it would be cheaper to borrow them from the library.'

'Many of his ideas are borrowed from other sources.'

If you lend somebody something, or lend something to somebody, then you give them something of yours for a limited period of time. If you lend someone some money, they will owe you the money.

Consider the following:

'She lent her sister her car for the weekend.' (NB: verb + indirect object + direct object)

'If you lend your coat to Philip, you’ll never see it again.' (NB: verb + direct object + indirect object)

'If you can lend me a hand with these reports, we might finish them by suppertime.'

'say' and 'tell'

Say

Say is the standard verb which is used to indicate direct speech in any narrative - anecdotes, short stories, novels, etc. It is often used with other 'reporting' verbs, which may be more descriptive or more colourful than the all-purpose say and therefore preferred.

Compare the following:

"What do you think?" asked Mary, holding up the wedding dress.
"Oh, it looks lovely," they all chorused.
"It smells a bit musty," ventured William after a moment's silence.
"That's because it's been shut up in this wardrobe for the last twenty years," replied Jo.
"I'm sure it'll be all right," said Vanessa encouragingly.
Say is also used to introduce indirect speech with a that clause. In the examples that follow, please note:

~ the conjuction that is usually not used, unless it is needed to emphasise what is being reported

~ say cannot be followed by a direct personal object

~ as with the direct speech examples above, other reporting verbs may be preferred

She said (that) she was going out. (Not: She said me…)And she admitted (that) she might be late back.
They said/mentioned (that) Carlos had behaved very strangely when they were in Rio.
He said/insisted (that) he had been driving very slowly when the accident happened.

tell

If we use tell to report statements like those above in indirect speech, we must remember that tell has to be followed by a direct personal object:

'He told her (that) he loved her.' (Not: He told that he loved her.)

'They told us (that) they had already bought us a wedding present.'

'How can you stand there and tell me now that you're not going through with it?' she shouted.
Tell is often used with an object + infinitive to express orders, instructions, requests and advice.

Other reporting verbs can also be used in this way, although say cannot be used like this. Compare the following:

'He told them to stay on the path and not to wander off into the woods.' (Not: He said them…)

'I asked her to get me some apples.'

'They advised Gladys not to worry. Tom would be all right.

'They told/asked/advised/warned him to turn the music down as everybody else was already in bed and wanted to sleep.

'make' and 'do'

do

You do an exam. But there are no easy rules to follow. We always use do to describe indefinite activities, often with what, thing, anything, nothing, etc and generally speaking we also use do to talk about duties, jobs or (leisure) activities. Look at the following examples:

'What shall we do now?' 'You can do what you like. I'm going home!'

'He didn't do anything. He just sat there.'

'You expect me to do everything around the house. Well, I'm fed up!'

'I did all my homework last night so tonight I'm going to do the housework.'

'I did a lot of research and I think I did a good job on that essay. I did my best anyway.'

'I intend to do lots of walking on holiday this year, and perhaps some bird-watching too.

make

We tend to use make when we are talking about constructing, creating or performing something. Study the following examples:

'I made three suggestions and left it to him to make the final decision.'

'I've made all the arrangements for the trip and I've made a great effort to get it all right.'

'I'm afraid I'm going to have to make my excuses and leave.'

'I have to make three phone calls.'

make or do?

do the cleaning and the cooking
make a lasting impression (on someone)
do the shopping and the washing-up
do some serious work
do a lot of damage (to something)
make an announcement
make an application (e.g. for a driving test)
make a sound or a noise
do one's hair or one's teeth
do a lot of harm rather than good
do business (with somebody)
do (somebody) a favour
make love, not war
make a mess, a profit or a fortune
make fun of someone or a fool of someone
make amends for one's behaviour

رهــف
رهــف
نائب المدير
نائب المدير
الجنس : انثى
القوس
عدد الرسائل : 1263
العمر : 33
تاريخ التسجيل : 26/12/2009

بطاقة الشخصية
المهنة:

ا الفرق بين هذه الكلمات ( من ناحية الاستخدام والمعنى )  Empty رد: ا الفرق بين هذه الكلمات ( من ناحية الاستخدام والمعنى )

الخميس ديسمبر 16, 2010 8:48 pm
ا الفرق بين هذه الكلمات ( من ناحية الاستخدام والمعنى )  Alfaris_net_1292503658
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة
صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى